pRV Editor’s Note: Each year towards the end of summer, I get a friendly message from customer Rich L. who hails from Westford, MA. He reminds me that he’ll be heading out to Indiana for the annual Montana Owners Club (MOC) Rally. Rich is kind enough to exchange a first-person account of the event for a gift card donation for their raffle. Knowing the agenda of manufacturers like Keystone RV Company are always generous hosts and eager to share new product updates, fulfilling Rich’s offer is a no-brainer. From his account below, you can understand why MOCers make the journey each year. Good times, indeed!
This was the 10th annual MOC Fall Rally. The largest attended fall rally to date, 117 sites were available and all were reserved with a waiting list for possible last minute cancellations. My wife and I arrived a few days early this year so we could sample some of the areas offerings such as the RV/MH Hall of Fame and Menno-Hof, a center that educates on the the history of the Mennoite, Amish, and Hutterites cultures.
Here are some of the event highlights:
- Presentations by Dicor (roof membrane) and Dometic (rooftop air conditioners & refrigerators), and Dexter Axels.
- Ladies Driving School -The ladies start off with classroom instruction, then break into three groups. One group tows over a driving route, the second backs the rig into a space, and the third hitches and unhitches from the tow vehicle. With no husbands allowed, it’s a stress-free learning experience with patient instructors. They did fantastic!
- Keystone RV Service Tech - MOCers get fifteen minutes with a master certified technician at your campsite to discuss any issues or questions that you may about your RV. Keystone does address most issues either as warranty or “goodwill”.
- Factory tour - Groups of 10 are taken through the factory in twenty minute intervals. It is closed for the day. At the conclusion of the the tours, we viewed the different Montana fifth wheel models and a prototype that dealers haven’t even seen yet! In late summer, Montana changed the exterior sidewall color to “oyster” an off white ivory color (nice!).
- Mennonite Relief Sale -This is a huge fundraiser for the Miciana Mennonites. Monies raised go towards disaster relief. Also held is a huge quilt auction with over 250 quilts.
- Amish Dinner- A sit down, authentic Amish style dinner served in an Amish home.
- Keystone RV Company - Product Manager Mike Mack and Team Montana discussed ideas for currant and future models. Who better to critique the product than us MOCers?
It is pretty obvious this wonderful group of Montana fifth wheel owners enjoy a strong bond and friend with each other as well as a love for RVing. Further evidence can be found on their highly recommended discussion boards website. Recommended by Pete’s RV, MOC Forums is chock full of informative chatter for all things Montana and an active RVing lifestyle.